Thursday 13 September 2007

Arrival at ABC




I have not been so good since my arrival at ABC, although I have been sleeping better than most i.e. 2hrs at a time but for a least 3 or 4 times during the 12 hr nights. Bedtime is 8pm and the Sherpas bring you tea at 7am when there is always snow on the outside of the tent and ice or condensation on the inside of the tent, which certainly wakes you up. Nights have been tough with really bad headaches. I have been on Dimox, neurofen and paracetamol all at the same time and it does not seem to be having much effect. The doctor seems happy with my progress but did not allow me to go for a walk with the rest of the team today. It is now the 3rd consecutive rest day for me. One girl on a treck to ABC was carried down to BC today as she was too unwell to walk and one of the Norwiegen girls has returned to BC to try improve her condition. I hope this will not be necessary for me.

I have a lovely red tent which will be my home for the next few weeks. As you can see, I have been woring hard on perfecting the crazy paving patio ouside of the tent.

2 comments:

Mark Seaton said...

As you say quite brilliant patio you have made outside your tent. Our thoughts are with you. seems like you need to get some beer down your throat, Mark

alexmcdona@gmail.com said...

I was just looking at the picture and thinking the same thing ... he just can't stop gardening, levelling and building patio's. Very Python.